FasTrak’s Cashless Catering for Education boast an extensive range of facilities that include interactive whiteboards for in-class ordering, premium brand touch screen tills, online payment processing, as well as extensive reporting with product and menu management.
With schools having more and more systems to look after, new methods of dinner money & school meal management are needed. FasTrak synchronizes with BioStore’s powerful Identity Management platform to populate your school’s cashless catering system.
There is no need to re-register users, and since BioStore’s FasTrak Cashless Catering for Education is populated with the latest data from your MIS, FasTrak will always contain the most up-to-date user information.
Pre-order meals and register attendance in-class on interactive whiteboard
A simple to use cashless and attendance system designed to administer and process Universal Infant Free School Meals (UIFSM), Free School Meals (FSM), Supervisor Allowances and Online Pre-Ordering for primary schools. The interactive whiteboard allows pupils and teachers to pre-order the meal in class or at home and takes the class-attendance at the same time. Accurate reporting provides the catering manager with daily meal requirements and ensures accurate & timely reclaiming of Pupil Premiums with full audit trails.
FasTrak uses a web-based payment portal that enables parents to login and make payments securely using a debit/credit card. The use of this system reduces staff administration time and the amount of cash held in school offices.
Advantages of Primary School Cashless Catering
- Record & Monitor Attendance – FasTrak’s pre-ordering system can be used as a simple e-Registration system which synchronises with the school’s MIS automatically
- UIFSM/FSM Management – Full accounting & reporting ensures accurate and efficient reclaiming of Pupil Premiums with full audit trails through information fed down from the school’s Management Information System (MIS)
- Pre-order – View pre-orders for your whole school, just for a class (or multiple classes), and any uncollected pre-orders
- Transactions – View transactions for a single user, group of users, or for your whole school. Run reports on fund deposits and sales eligibility which is due to expire
- Revenue Overview – Run reports on the revenue of your cashless catering system
- Product Sales Analysis – View sales and popularity of each product you offer
- Warnings & Alerts – Purchases at the till or pre-ordering stations will show alerts and prevent purchases where specific dietary and allergy requirements are enforced
- Parental Oversight – Parents can choose to pre-order their child’s meal in advance and mange diet
- Cut Admin – Reduced school administration time and resources
- Speed the Canteen – Reduced the length of lunch time queues
All reports are available in PDF, Word Document, or Excel Spreadsheet formats
Access Cashless Catering using Strong Identity Management in Secondary schools
Make payments using a smartcard, biometric or pin pad, with options including meal deals and grab-bags to provide more choice for students and encourage uptake
Introduce a cashless catering system to your secondary school to ensure students eat on the school premises, not spending their money off-site on less nutritious food. Cashless catering payments can be authorized with a smartcard, biometrics or pin pad, with payment made from an account that can be topped up online, using PayPoint or one of the school’s cash loaders located on-site.
Cashless payment options to improve cash handling
Whether a school uses biometric readers or smart cards to manage cashless school dinner payments, caterers can be safe in the knowledge that accurate and up-to-date information is passed down from the MIS to ensure all students are able to use available funds in their account, or FSM entitlement in the same way as every other student, removing stigma from Free School Meals.
Simple and attractive layout of products & menus
Using high-quality touch screen tills including wireless, portable and hand-held devices, purchases can be processed faster and more accurately, as information from the school’s MIS is fed down to the till-point for the catering staff to manage school meals more efficiently.
Pre-order “grab-bag” option reduces queuing at lunchtime
Using self-service tills, staff and students can pre-order a grab-bag of their choice, pay from their account and receive a receipt. Catering staff can prepare the bags for collection based on a simple to understand report.
Manage costs through accurate and extensive reporting
- Sales & popularity of each product offered
- Fund deposits & sales, free school meal allowances and free school meal eligibility due to expire
- Transactions for a single user, group of users or for your whole school
- Pre-orders for your whole school, just for a class (or multiple classes) and any uncollected pre-orders
- Number of school dinners to prepare in advance
- Parents can see money spent
- Parents can view purchases online
- Fully auditable payments
- Funds are settled to the school’s nominated bank account
- Provide clear, concise income reporting
We were fortunate to come across FasTrak late in the day, and grateful we came across a supplier with the expertise and commitment to deliver a solution at very short notice
– Richard Ireson, University Academy Holbeach